Spring 2020 Update
Spring 2020 Update
Hope everyone is staying well. With this new, temporary way of life, we thought we’d share a few updates and some of our favourite things to do while physical distancing.Unfortunately, we have had to postpone a few retreats until it’s safe to travel again. On a positive note, this break has resulted in an exciting addition to our team. His name is Bailey and he’s a Morkie (Maltese, Yorkshire Terrier mix). Bailey has a ton of energy, except on walks, when he likes to just lie in the middle street. He loves to chew everything and thinks 4:30 am is a perfect time to get the day started.
Home. As people who love to travel, we never imagined a holiday being in our own homes. Like everyone else, we have found ways to stay active, engaged and well. Below are some destination highlights:
- Take an online class and support some of our favourite local instructors and studios.
- Movement 108 – Build strength, stability and mobility using your own bodyweight or kettlebells.
- YYoga Live Stream and YYoga at Home – get your yoga fix with top local instructors teaching all styles.
- Erin Phelan Fit – not just workouts but recipes, coaching and more.
- Jacqui Wells Yoga – one of our all time favourites, at 33 weeks pregnant, she is slowing down and offering Hatha and Pre-Natal classes for the next 1-2 weeks.
- Renew Retreats – Rise & Renew monthly workout series and Hike-at-Home Challenge for women.
- Try this high-intensity bodyweight workout created by co-founder and Canfitpro personal trainer, Lisa Gordon.
- Starting May 30, co-founder and yoga instructor, Melanie Yip, will be offering a 5-week live stream Power Flow series Saturdays 8:30 – 9:30 am PDT via Zoom. Email here to sign up.
Puzzles and Board Games
Great for keeping mentally fit and for when you need a break from Netflix. Raincity Games has a great assortment of puzzles and games ready to ship.
At Home Spa
Treat yourself to a spa-like facial at home with the Self Isolation Care Kit from Pure and Simple.
Podcasts & Guided Meditations for Inspiration
- Tony Robbins – Start Small, Think Big, Scale Quickly | SPANX founder Sara Blakely
- Yale Course – Coursera: The Science of Well-Being (most popular course at Yale offered for free right now)
- Brene Brown
- The Power of Vulnerability
- The Call to Courage – Netflix
- Jay Shetty – 20 days of Live Meditation free on YouTube
Besides toilet paper, food has been a highlight with more and more people cooking and baking during the pandemic. Below are some of our favourite at home culinary options:
- 5 simple vegetarian recipes – easily adapted to be vegan or to include meat.
- Heat-and-serve meals and meal delivery.
- Hello Fresh (Canada-wide) – weekly delivery, easy meal prep and no grocery shopping.
- Legends Haul (Lower Mainland) – unique, locally sourced food (groceries and prepared meals) delivered to your door.
- Autostrada (Vancouver) – Delicious Italian food that you can heat and eat or freeze. Good portions and tastes like it was cooked by nonna.
- Boulevard Provisions (Vancouver) – From curries to meatballs, a wide selection of mouth-watering heat and eat food.
Wellness Retreats on Hold
Unfortunately, we’ve had to postpone our Los Cabos, 4-night Yoga Retreat with Jasmina Egeler until further notice but we are hopeful that a vaccine will be developed in the next year so that international travel becomes safe again. In the meantime, for a good sweat, join Jasmina (and her dry humour) for one of her live stream Power Yoga classes through YYoga.
Until our next update, please stay healthy and well. We look forward to seeing you all soon.
Lisa & Melanie
Co-Founders, Movement Travel